Wednesday, July 30, 2014

Arches

I have been working on a pattern called Arches by Marliee Rockley. So far I am loving the pattern. It is pretty easy to do. I have about two more rows to finish and I can get it together to send to my tatting swap partner in Oregon. I can't wait to send it because it is turning out so pretty.

I am using size 20 Lizbeth thread color 129. The only thing that confused me at first about the pattern was it had 13 p between 2 ds. That kind of threw me for a loop but I was able to figure out what it meant. Sometimes having those palm on face moments can wake your brain up.

Here is what it looks like so far.


I must say since I learned how to hide my ends better I don't mind cutting and tying so much any more. I can remember in the beginning I hated to cut and tie because I had so many problems hiding my ends. I love tatters all over because they can come up with some amazing techniques that help make the process a wonderful learning experience.

I am hoping to have this finished in about a week or so and I am going to work on a dragonfly by Patricia Ann Rizzo from her book called The Gentle Art of Tatting Things We Love. I want to do the dragonfly for a past co-worker who lost a love one. I figured I would do it and put it on a card that I made.

I know I am no where near completing the 25 motif challenge for the year but I am certainly getting my motif counts up. Maybe one of these days I will be able to complete the challenge. That is something to look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment