Saturday, June 7, 2014

Minor Norwegian Dragon

Well I decided to try the Minor Norwegian Dragon by Anne Bruvold. I can do a single shuttle split ring with no problem but for some reason I keep having problems trying to get split rings together. I am determined to make it work though.

This pattern is a challenge for me because I seem to be getting confused quite often but I am going to get through this as well. I am trying to build up what I can do. I can follow diagrams so a point but doing the word chart has been difficult for me. I have to read something two or three time to make sure I get it right. I think my brain is just wired to see things one way and reading the chart has been forcing me to look and make sure I am getting it right.

Now with the dragon I have the body done but I am going to have to restart the wings because I messed up but I am okay with that. This way I know where and why I made the mistake and I can move forward. I am going to make this dragon and I was thinking of putting it on a pillow. I haven't decided just yet but whatever I do I know that I will like it in the end.

This is what he looks like so far:



I think he looks pretty good for my first time trying to make it happen with this pattern.


I am also thinking about what can I do for my exchange. I want to really give my partner something that comes from my heart. I have been batting about several ideas but I am not sure which one I will do. We shall see what happens.

Have a good weekend and happy tatting.

No comments:

Post a Comment