Friday, June 13, 2014

Just Tatting Away

Well I have been trying new things along with working on my Renulek Spring Napkin. I made a few little butterflies and I trying to make a barefoot sandal again. I ordered a couple of books and some more shuttles. I am finding that I like a bit bigger shuttle. I don't know why but I just do. So I now own a couple of Moonlit and a couple more Starlit. I also now have Jon Yusoff's book Tatting with Rings which I was so excited about getting. In addition, I ordered Tatting Hearts by Teri Dusenbury.

I started on of the patterns in Tatting with Rings called Teratai. I love the pattern. It is pretty simple to do. I did make my own little adjustments because I wanted to create the barefoot sandal. I am going to make some earrings that will match it.

This is what the sandal looks like so far.

I just need to add the parts that go around the ankle.. I am loving how it is looking so far.

Here are the butterflies I made using a pattern Handy Hands included on the package of my Moonlit shuttle.
These are just so cute. I am going to make some earrings and a bracelet for my daughter. Since they are so quick I am trying to get a few of these together to make for a group of girls I will be teaching needle tatting to. Just so much fun. I can't get enough of tatting.

Need to get some packing and laundry done. Have a Happy weekend.

For all the Fathers out there Happy Father's Day.



1 comment:

  1. Nice work, I ordered the same book, 'Tatting with Rings', too. I hope, it's coming next week. Have a nice weekend :)

    ReplyDelete